If you're looking to further your learning and get a postgraduate degree while continuing to work in your current job, this MSc Risk and Safety Leadership degree apprenticeship is a great option.
Risk management expertise is in greater demand than ever, and not just for managers in the risk and safety management sector – today, risk management is a mainstream discipline that's highly sought across the public, private, academic and governmental sectors.
On this 2-year degree apprenticeship, which we've developed in partnership with employers and professional organisations, you'll spend 18 days a year studying for your degree and the rest of your time at work. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees – so it doesn’t cost you anything.
You'll enhance your risk management skills through analysing complex problems, exploring the uncertainties involved, evaluating possible solutions and planning risk management implementation. You'll get to put the skills you learn to work instantly in your job, contributing to the success of your company.
On this course, you'll:
- Gain a broad understanding of risk management, including current tools and techniques
- Get an understanding of safety management
- Learn from staff with industry experience and guest speakers
- Develop the ability to contribute to managing risk and business effectiveness
- Use our business simulation suite, giving you the opportunity to manage crisis scenarios in real time in a safe environment
- Have access to the University's student support services and community including the Library, study support, sports and recreation facilities, and the Students’ Union
- Build a network of professional peers during your time at university, sharing your ideas and knowledge
- Get practical work experience in your job, giving you an advantage over students who do a traditional degree
- Get a personal tutor from the University and a workplace mentor
Careers and opportunitiesWhat jobs can you do with a Risk and Safety Leadership (Degree Apprenticeship) degree?
You'll be able to progress your career further using the knowledge and skill that you gain on this course, including going on to work in many risk and management related roles, such as:
- independent risk consultants
- risk officers
- healthcare risk managers
- crisis team managers for petrochemical companies
- risk managers within the military
- chief finance officers
- senior managers
- senior project managers
- security managers
- risk and safety management consultants
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Core modules in this year include:
- Crisis Management and Governance – 30 credits
- Risk and Safety in High Reliability Organisations – 30 credits
- Strategic Risk and Risk Behaviour – 30 credits
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Risk Management Leadership View 148 other Masters in Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Individual employers will set the selection criteria for their apprentices, liaising with the Faculty of Business and Law. Most applicants will be expected to hold an honours degree, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.All applicants to the Degree Apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass - please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you are unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.