The Master's degree in Analytical Bioscience (Part-Time) at Birkbeck, University of London is designed to allow flexibility in attendance requirements and offers the opportunity to complete a novel research project in one of our excellent research laboratories.
- Very flexible modular programme: one-third is delivered by distance learning, allowing you to combine study with other commitments.
- Part of the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, a joint initiative with University College London.
- Taught in the Department of Biological Sciences, which offers state-of-the-art instrumental and computing facilities, and the possibility of collaborating with industry.
- The Department and the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology also provide a seminar programme and skills training across disciplines.
- In the Research Excellence Framework (REF), in a joint submission with UCL, Biological Sciences at Birkbeck were ranked 11th in the UK, with a research environment supporting world-leading and internationally excellent research.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go on to careers in the health sector, academic research, toxicology and pharmaceuticals. Possible professions include analytical chemist, biomedical scientist, research scientist (life sciences), or toxicologist. This degree can also be useful in becoming a clinical research associate, science writer, or scientific laboratory technician.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- NMR Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
- Optical Spectroscopy and Atomic Spectrometry
- Separation Science
- Techniques in Clinical Analysis
- Macromolecular and Cellular Electron Microscopy
- Principles of Protein Structure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Microbiology View 443 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A second-class honours degree in a scientific subject.
- Less qualified students may be accepted if they have appropriate work experience, or through registration on the Postgraduate Diploma with the possibility of upgrading to the MSc after achieving appropriate results in the first set of examinations.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8010 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8010 GBP per year during 24 months.
National4980 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4980 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.