In the Marketing Communications (Part-Time) programme offered by Birkbeck, University of London , you will learn about organisational decision-making processes and how to define and solve marketing communications problems. You will also examine how marketeers formulate and implement policies, programmes and strategies, and consider marketing communications theory and practice in a range of industries and organisations, so you can identify appropriate practical tools.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of marketing.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading marketing journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) which is the leading professional body for marketers worldwide and exists to develop the marketing profession, maintain professional standards and improve the skills of marketing practitioners. Birkbeck has joined forces with CIM to give our students the opportunity to gain CIM professional qualifications through their Multi-Award Pathway (MAP). CIM qualifications are highly sought after by employers, and MAP, alongside our own degrees, ensures we are equipping our students with the best opportunities for a successful marketing career.
- Our MSc Marketing suite (consisting of MSc Marketing, International Marketing, Marketing Communications and Sport Marketing) has been mapped against CIM/CAM qualifications to offer our students exemptions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in advertising, media and event marketing, public relations, management and market research. Possible professions include advertising, marketing, distribution, public relations, or sponsorship. This degree can also be useful within a variety of roles within local and national government, as well as in becoming a public relations officer, marketing executive, public affairs consultant, or advertising copywriter.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Brand Management
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Marketing Strategy and Planning
- Public Relations
- Relationship Marketing
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing Digital Communication View 85 other Masters in Digital Communication in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International8925 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 8925 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5775 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5775 GBP per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.