You will become familiar with current research trends in the study of management, business and organisations, and existing views and debates in the theory and practice of management. You will also develop an understanding of businesses and other types of organisations, such as public, not-for-profit or cooperatives, and the environment in which they operate, as well as an appreciation of the role of managerial processes in the efficiency and effectiveness of organisations.
This diploma can be taken as a stand-alone qualification (120 credits), can build on the Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) and/or can be used to progress directly to the Master's degree. Fees for the Postgraduate Certificate and the Postgraduate Diploma are pro rata the Master's fee.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management.
- Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals. We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- The programme is taught by a team with international reputations in their respective areas.
- We engage in significant collaborative research and have excellent contacts with many public and private sector organisations, professional bodies and researchers at other academic institutions.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Careers and Employability
Graduates can pursue careers in management, including local and national government, business, and industry. Possible professions include chartered management accountant, management consultant, or risk manager. This degree can also be useful in becoming a systems analyst, retail manager, or logistics and distribution manager.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human Resource Strategies
- Principles of Marketing
- Principles of Organization and Management
- Strategic Management (Postgraduate)
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Corporate Governance
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Master in Management (MIM) View 1571 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
- We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
- On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
- You do not need to have completed your current qualification to start your application.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5950 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 5950 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA3850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 3850 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.