The MSc Sustainable Construction (Part Time) programme at Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University comprises two semesters of taught modules, assessed by coursework and examination, followed by a research dissertation during your third semester.
During your studies, you will gain a critical awareness of current and future challenges associated with the intervention of sustainability strategies and their integration in the civil engineering sector, as well as prospective solutions from existing and emerging scientific technologies.
Graduates from this programme are well prepared for careers in the environmental construction and management sectors, governmental regulatory agencies and environmental consultancies. Graduates go on to find employment in positions such as green infrastructure engineer, water resources engineer, construction site engineer, environmental consultant engineer and sustainable technology developer.
The MSc Sustainable Construction programme can be used as Further Learning, the final element of the educational base for being a chartered engineer (CEng).
- Sustainable Technology and Building Materials
- Sustainable Energy and Environment
- Environmental Engineering and Management Practice
- Sustainable Urban Planning Strategies
- Sustainable Drainage Systems
- Integration of Energy Strategies in the Design of Buildings
- Sustainable Engineering with Timber
- Advanced Simulation of Sustainable Structural Systems
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Sustainable Development Sustainable Energy View 57 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in China
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Bachelor Degree in civil engineering or in related field
- UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent
- 211 Project; Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai Ranking-75 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark)
- Non 211 project; Non Top 100 of 2020 Shanghai ranking-80-85 percent or above (Weighted Average Mark), depending on your undergraduate institution
- 3.0 Cumulative GPA (out of 4) or
- 3.2 Cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme
International6160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
National6160 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18482 USD for the full programme during 36 months.
RMB 120,000 for the entire programme.
f you are a graduate of XJTLU, you will automatically receive a discount of 20 percent of the tuition fee.
Living costs for Suzhou
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.