The Postgraduate Diploma in Analytical Bioscience (Part-Time) at Birkbeck, University of London is designed to allow flexibility in attendance requirements, with material being delivered via a mixture of face-to-face classes, distance learning, practical classes, tutorials and a research project.
- Part of the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology, a joint initiative with University College London.
- Taught in the Department of Biological Sciences, which offers state-of-the-art instrumental and computing facilities, and the possibility of collaborating with industry.
- The Department and the Institute of Structural and Molecular Biology also provide a seminar programme and skills training across disciplines.
- In the Research Excellence Framework (REF), in a joint submission with UCL, Biological Sciences at Birkbeck were ranked 11th in the UK, with a research environment supporting world-leading and internationally excellent research.
Careers and Employability
Graduates go on to careers in the health sector, academic research, toxicology and pharmaceuticals. Possible professions include analytical chemist, biomedical scientist, research scientist (life sciences), or toxicologist. This degree can also be useful in becoming a clinical research associate, science writer, or scientific laboratory technician.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- NMR Spectroscopy and Mass Spectrometry
- Optical Spectroscopy and Atomic Spectrometry
- Separation Science
- Techniques in Clinical Analysis
- Macromolecular and Cellular Electron Microscopy
- Principles of Protein Structure
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
You are strongly advised to apply now, to ensure there are still places on your chosen course and to give you time to complete the admissions process.
DisciplinesBiology Natural Sciences Statistics View 443 other Masters in Biology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A second-class honours degree (2:2) or above in a scientific subject or with appropriate work experience.
- Applications are reviewed on their individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5340 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5340 GBP per year during 24 months.
National3320 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3320 GBP per year during 24 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.