Develop a fundamental set of skills
The first term will bring you both knowledge and skills required in your future professional environment whatever specialization and job you are targeting in the end, from investment banking & corporate finance to quantitative finance & data analytics. Courses are offered in English or French depending on your choice. Interactions between real economy and digital transformations are an important focus.
2 specializations to develop your expertise
Chose between Corporate Finance & Innovation or Market & Quantitative Finance. In the Corporate Finance specialization, courses will be partially in French for French speaking students and 100% in english for other students. In the Marketing Finance Specialization, courses will be 100% in english.
As a student of the Finance program from emlyon business school , you will benefit from a dedicated career track which includes workshops, expert panels, fairs, events, company visits etc.
The Careers Services Department provides continual support in identifying career goals and developing action plans. Program-specific careers services include:
- Workshops: Careers workshops help you prepare for your internship search and future career. Self-assessment tools and individual coaching provide you with the opportunity to prepare your next move
- Tools: Our wide range of career tools help you find out more information on partner companies and sector specific resources, including databases with internship and job offers
- Events: Over 300 companies visit emlyon business school campuses each year and provide students with continuous access to the business community
Master of Science approved by the Conférence des Grandes Ecoles
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Business model and corporate finance
- Financial maths & statistics
- Digital items
- Introduction to data analytics
- Ethics (rules, practices, controlling, governance and consequences)
- Languages (to master/improve english level, develop French if you like ; applied to professional environment)
- Career booster and networking
- Financial Structuring
- Leverage Finance
- Fixed Income
- Corporate Valuation
- Business Negotiation
- Fundraising & Market Operations
- IR and Financial Communication
- Advanced Fixed Income
- Advanced Statistics
- Alternative Investments
- Trading & Pricing of Derivatives
- Risk Management
- Portfolio Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics View 14 other Masters in Financial Mathematics in France
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at emlyon business school and/or in France, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Students holding one of the following degrees can apply for the MSc in Finance:
- A validated Master 1 degree or Bachelor's degree equivalent to Bac + 4
- A validated Licence 3 degree or Bachelor's degree equivalent to Bac+3 (limited to 30% of the cohort)
You can apply whilst studying the last year of the degree which makes you eligible for this finance graduate program (Bachelor's Degree minimum).
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
National18000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 27000 EUR for the full programme during 18 months.
This tuition and fee charges are in effect for the 2022-2023 academic year and are subject to change for future years.
Living costs for Lyon
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.