During term time, you'll spend 1 day a week on day release at the University and the other 4 days applying your skills and getting practical experience in the workplace. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees – so your architecture degree apprenticeship doesn’t cost you anything.
Careers and opportunities
This Architecture and Professional Practice (Degree Apprenticeship) programme from University of Portsmouth gives you the professional knowledge and creative skills you need to start your career as an architect, in your organisation and beyond.
After you finish your architect degree apprenticeship, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural History and Theory
- Architectural History and Theory: Application
- Building Tectonics and Environment
- Project Management in Architecture
- Architectural Design: Synthesis
- Architectural Design: Strategy
- Thesis Dissertation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We strongly recommend you apply as soon as possible.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Interior Design View 290 other Masters in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree with RIBA Part 1 exemption. Applicants who do not hold a recognised UK Part 1 qualification will need to undertake and pass the ARB prescribed exam for Part 1 prior to joining the Apprenticeship course.
- All applicants to the degree apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass – please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you are unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch. If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
National5250 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 21000 GBP for the full programme during 48 months.
The course fee is shared between the Government and some employers, meaning no cost to you as the degree apprentice.
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.