On this 4-year architect degree apprenticeship, you'll develop the professional and creative skills for a successful career in architecture. You’ll cover topics such as urbanism, landscape, sustainability and culture in a studio environment.
During term time, you'll spend 1 day a week on day release at the University and the other 4 days applying your skills and getting practical experience in the workplace. The Government or your employer pay your tuition fees – so your architecture degree apprenticeship doesn’t cost you anything.
Careers and opportunities
This architecture degree apprenticeship gives you the professional knowledge and creative skills you need to start your career as an architect, in your organisation and beyond.
Once Architects Registration Board (ARB) and Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) accreditation is confirmed, you'll be eligible to apply for registration as an Architect with the ARB and RIBA [we expect ARB/RIBA accreditation to be confirmed before September 2020].
After you finish your architect degree apprenticeship, you can get help, advice and support for up to 5 years from our Careers and Employability service as you advance in your career.
**Accreditation**Accredited by the Architects Registration Board (ARB)**Pending Accreditation**Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) accreditation is pending for this course. Once confirmed, this accreditation means you'll satisfy the criteria for RIBA/ARB Part 1 exemption when you complete your apprenticeship, putting you one step closer to becoming registered as an architect.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural History and Theory: Introduction
- Architectural History and Theory: Application
- Architectural Technology
- Project Management in Architecture
- Architectural Design: Synthesis
- Architectural Design: Strategy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture View 265 other Masters in Architecture in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A 2:2 honours degree with RIBA Part 1 exemption. Applicants who do not hold a recognised UK Part 1 qualification will need to undertake and pass the ARB prescribed exam for Part 1 prior to joining the Apprenticeship course.
- All applicants to the degree apprenticeship courses must have an acceptable Level 2 qualification in English and Mathematics. Acceptable qualifications include GCSE with grade C/4 or above and Functional Skills with Pass – please note that we are not able to accept all kinds of Level 2 qualifications, so if you an unsure whether you have a suitable qualification please get in touch.
- If you do not have an acceptable qualification you may be required to take an additional assessment during the application process.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Living costs for Portsmouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.