Managing a brand’s reputation in the public eye is no simple task. Whether you’re responding to a last-minute media inquiry, dealing with negative publicity, or monitoring the web for newsworthy content, the message is clear: to succeed in public relations, you need to be strategic and quick to adapt to new trends and technology. Top public relations executives agree that career success means being an incredible storyteller and trusted strategic business advisor—Someone who can leverage emerging technologies and critical thinking to build lasting relationships with stakeholders. This shift in skill demands is why top companies are struggling to hire and keep the right public relations professionals.
By enrolling in the Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations offered by York University School of Continuing Studies, you’ll gain in-depth public relations knowledge, including:
- Public relations fundamentals & strategy
- Digital storytelling
- Marketing principles
- Internal communications
- Data analytics
- Effective writing
- Presentation skills
- Reputation & crisis management
- Media relations
- Stakeholder engagement
More informationVisit official programme website
- Fundamentals of Public Relations
- Content Creation, Strategic Messaging and Storytelling
- Integrated Marketing Strategies
- Internal Communications and Change Management
- Strategic Planning, Research & Measurement
- Stakeholder Relations and Community Engagement
- Reputation Management and Crisis Communications
- Public Relations in Practice – Perspectives and Possibilities
- 8 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Marketing Public Relations View 8 other Masters in Public Relations in Canada
The Post-Graduate Certificate in Public Relations is ideal for recent degree graduates and international students who want to a comprehensive foundation in public relations.
International15199 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15199 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
National6599 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6599 CAD for the full programme and a duration of 8 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.