Erasmus Mundus International Master In Security, Intelligence And Strategic Studies (IMSISS) from Charles University is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree (EMJMD) awarded by a consortium of European universities: University of Glasgow, United Kingdom; Dublin City University, Ireland; Charles University, Czechia and the University of Trento, Italy, working in conjunction with wide network of associate partners, including the University of Cádiz, Spain and OTH Regensburg, Germany).
Students on this degree programme will examine a broad range of contemporary security challenges, such as terrorism, civil war and conflict, mass migration, energy supply security, cyber security and new technologies, and transnational and serious organised crime. Students will also explore the intelligence and strategic approaches used by governmental and non-governmental actors to combat these threats.
The degree adopts a unique approach to the study of security by combining theoretical, applied and empirical knowledge and skill sets. Students will have the opportunity to meet with and work alongside a range of academics and researchers from international partner universities and think tanks from around the world, as well as practitioner experts from governmental and industry security and defence sectors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International security & strategic studies
- Intelligence analysis & policy making
- European and international security strategies
- Russian for International Mobility
- Chinese for International Mobility
- French for International Mobility
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Scholarship application submission deadline: 14 January
- Application submission deadline for international applicants: 25 July
- Application submission deadline for UK/EU applicants: 31 August
DisciplinesInternational Relations Strategic Management Terrorism & Security View 13 other Masters in International Relations in Czech Republic
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- The programme is open to students who have already completed a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a related programme study.
- You should have a 2.1 Honours degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject, such as, but not limited to politics, international relations, history, area and cultural studies, law, sociology, criminology, human geography, computing science, language sciences, global studies, psychology, media studies and journalism, modern languages or business.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International16141 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 16141 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA8100 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8100 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.