Upon completion of this highly-structured, full-time, four-quarter program, students will meet all of the requirements to be recommended for Washington State Residency teacher certification.
The "cohort model" of the Secondary and Middle Level Teacher Certification program of the University of Washington Bothell progresses students together through a series of teaching foundations and adolescent development coursework, along with hands-on teaching methods courses and a structured student-teaching internship. You will be challenged to apply and extend what you learn in class to your work with youth in several school settings.
- Full-time, day-time program
- Summer Quarter start
- Teaching methods courses provide direct experience and contact with high school students.
- Teaching methods courses held in local high schools and taught by full-time UW faculty
- Students progress through program as a cohort, fostering an enhanced learning community and life-long professional colleagues
- Students learn to design and employ curriculum and instructional practices that promote equity and social justice
- School placement partnerships with local school districts serving diverse student populations
- Dedicated academic advising and school placement staff
- Professional development and certification exam preparation workshops
- Students may use financial aid to fund program
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Special Education
- Second Language Acquisition, Bilingual Education, and the Structure of English
- Adolescent Development
- Learning Tribal Sovereignty
- Life and Learning in the Middle School
- Curriculum, Instruction, Assessment in Middle and Secondary Education
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 3603 other Masters in Education in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- 3.0 GPA in the last 90 quarter credits or 60 semester credits of graded upper-division coursework
- 20 hours of documented work with secondary or middle-level students in U.S. public 6-12 grade classrooms, completed in the last two years
- Online application
- 3 Admissions Essays
- Transcripts for all degree-granting institutions and institutions where you completed content area coursework (if completed as a non-matriculated student)
- Documentation of 20 hours of classroom experience in a 6-12 grade classroom (submitted through the online application - supervising teacher will receive an email with an online form to verify hours)
- Documentation of Endorsement Area Coursework
- Two Recommendations
International22738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11369 USD per semester during 24 months.
National22738 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 11369 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State13008 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6504 USD per semester during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.