- Tailor your studies to match your professional interests and aspirations in sport and exercise science. Module options cover a variety of disciplines, so you have the flexibility to tailor your degree according to your area of expertise
- Gain substantial practical experience in real-world settings, working directly with clients on applied placements and internships
- Benefit from the support of industry-experienced mentors, both within the University and in the workplace
- Build high-quality research skills and learn how to apply latest scientific finding in the work environment
- Draw on our wide-ranging partnerships with leading athletes, sports teams and sports organisations
If you’re interested in pursuing a career centred on sport and exercise science, this Applied Sport and Exercise Science course from University of Derby offers an excellent learning experience. You could work as an applied sport scientist with clients such as professional athletes or you could embark on broader roles in the community and health sectors where you can help encourage behaviour change and healthy lifestyles.
The course also acts as a platform if you want to continue on to complete a programme of Supervised Experience with BASES, which would enable you to gain accreditation as a Sport and Exercise Scientist.
Having improved your research skills, you could think about taking your academic qualifications to the next level, by completing a doctoral programme such as a PhD. You could also consider progressing to a role in teaching.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Applied Practitioner Development
- Advanced Research Methods
- Independent Research in Sport and Exercise
- Advanced Sport Psychology
- Applied Performance Analysis
- Advanced Sport and Exercise Physiology
- Sports Training Principles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHealth Sciences Sports Sciences View 378 other Masters in Sports Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Entry requirements for UK students: You will usually need an upper second class honours degree at undergraduate level, in a related subject.
- Entry requirements for EU/international students: International students should have the above or an international equivalent.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK fee: £875 per 20 credits (Part-time)
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.