Students in the Arts Education and Community Engagement program at Centennial College will learn how to design arts educational programming that is pedagogically sound and that meets the needs of diverse communities. Students will apply best practices of community arts work and will be trained to facilitate arts-based social justice initiatives. Students will also learn about a variety of careers in arts education and community development through research, mentorship, and field placements. Graduates of this program will be equipped to manage a professional career in arts and learning, and to incorporate community-engaged arts work into their existing creative practice.
By modelling innovative pedagogy, this program teaches students to innovate for themselves. By partnering with leading arts organizations, this program facilitates connections and opportunities within the sector. By emphasizing global citizenship, social justice, and cultural competency, this program helps students locate these concerns at the heart of their creative and educational practice.
- Cultural Programmer
- Education Officer
- Community Engagement Officer
- Outreach Officer
- Arts School Coordinator
- Youth Arts Worker
- Artistic Educator
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Foundations of the Arts in Communities
- Learning and Development
- Facilitation and Communication
- Program Development Practicum
- Ethics and Social Justice
- Careers in Arts Education
- Self-Directed Learning
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- International students: Apply early! Allow approximately four to six months before start for admission and Study Permit/Visa processing.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Sociology Art Education View 79 other Masters in Visual Arts in Canada
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Completion of a college diploma or university degree in a related field, or:
- Substantial history of artistic practice (at least 5 years), involving some work in arts education and/or community development.
Attend a mandatory Program Admission Session that will be helpful in understanding how the program can best meet your needs, and where you will be required to:
- Complete an on-site questionnaire to assess knowledge of the field and personal goals/outcomes for the program.
- Submit a portfolio that accurately reflects your artistic practice.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15385 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15385 CAD per year during 12 months.
National4334 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4334 CAD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.