At a Glance
- Strongly focused on environmental geoscience research
- Lead an in-depth research project, supported by expert academics and taught modules
- Build a unique skill & knowledge portfolio, and pursue your interests within environmental geoscience
- Prepares you for further academic study and/or research-focused industry roles
About this course
The Environmental Geoscience programme from Newcastle University spans all aspects of environmental geosciences, including:
- climate change
- environmental monitoring and management
You'll choose your own unique pathway and develop your skills and interests within environmental geoscience. You will explore these ideas in-depth, via your dissertation, which lets you lead and develop a research project at the forefront of research. This will be supported by expert academics from across the environmental geosciences at Newcastle University.
You will gain the advanced research skills from our scientific skills module. Our broad range of optional modules allow you to pursue your interests and build a unique portfolio of skills and knowledge.
You will gain the advanced skills required to conduct research within environmental geoscience. This will provide excellent preparation for those interested in a research-focused job and/or further academic study. Potential roles include:
- environmental consultancy
- environmental management
- government agencies (eg Natural England)
- GIS / remote sensing consultancy
- further postgraduate study (PhD)
To help guide your choices, you attend a bespoke careers fair, which focuses on geography and environmental geoscience jobs. The fair will have a range of relevant employers and break-out sessions where you can talk to our recent alumni or meet entrepreneurs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Dissertation
- Data Preparation, Analysis, Interpretation and Presentation for MSc
- Academic and Professional Skills for MSc
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We suggest international students apply at least two months before the course starts. This is so that you have enough time to make the necessary arrangements.
DisciplinesGeography Environmental Sciences View 230 other Masters in Environmental Sciences in United Kingdom
A 2:1 honours degree from a UK university, or an international equivalent in a relevant subject.
Relevant subject area including, but not restricted to:
- physical geography
- environmental / earth / ocean sciences
- natural science
We will also consider your application on an individual basis if you have relevant professional experience.
International19140 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19140 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA7000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7000 GBP per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.