- Increase your understanding of what current diseases are impacting global human health, the damage they are having on our body and how we can look to prevent this disease burden
- Develop advanced research skills that will prove invaluable for careers in medical research, the NHS and other health organisations, health charities, and biomedical industries
- You will cover areas such as oncology, diabetes, Alzheimer's/dementia, obesity and infectious diseases such as antibiotic resistance, bacteria and viruses
- The teaching team are active human health researchers as well as experienced teachers. The diversity of research projects underway, which you can contribute to is vast – covering issues such as potential new treatments for ovarian cancer and the role of the Human Papilloma Virus in the development of head and neck cancers
As a biomedical health graduate, you’ll be equipped with skills which put you at the forefront of advances in medical health – the MSc qualification adds real substance to your CV, giving you an edge in the job market.
You’ll be well prepared for careers in medical research, health charities, medical and biotechnology industries, and the government health sector. Your knowledge will also be invaluable in areas such as analytical consultancy, biological sales and scientific writing.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Society and Human Health
- Independent Scholarly Activity in Biosciences
- Health Protection
- Global, Environmental and Public Health Issues
- Cell signalling in Health and Disease
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Public Health Health Sciences View 261 other Masters in Biomedicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
An undergraduate degree (2:2 or above) in a Biosciences related subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International14700 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14700 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National7850 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7850 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
UK fee: £875 per 20 credits (Full-time/Part-time)
Living costs for Derby
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- You will need to apply separately for the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship, the International Excellent Student Scholarship and the GREAT Scholarship, but all others are assessed for eligibility alongside your application.
- Our new EU Transition Bursary offers financial support to our European students. If you normally reside in the EU and are starting your undergraduate or postgraduate taught course in September or January , you could be eligible for this reduction in your tuition fees. If you have home fee status or have EU settled or pre-settled status in the UK, you are not eligible for international scholarships but you may be eligible for the Derby Achievement Scholarship.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.