In this Digital Fashion Communication programme from Università della Svizzera italiana (USI), fashion is taken seriously and students are given the opportunity to deepen their understanding of the long-term socio-cultural processes that shape fashion and drive its impact on society. Several courses in the master focus on this key aspect: linking fashion with culture and heritage.
Employability records: Among the reasons why MSc in Digital Fashion Communication was launched, is the fact that fashion companies are among the top employers of USI grads. In this master, students will be constantly put in contact with industry professionals through guest lectures, company visits, internship opportunities, and study tours in Switzerland, France, Spain and Italy.
Graduating from this Master gives students:
- a strong foundation in communication skills as applied specifically to the fashion industry: communication design and strategy, branding, content development, information management and retrieval.
- an in-depth understanding of the creation of fashion: the social history of fashion and culture, sustainability, and the fashion industry from a global perspective.
- the cutting edge tools to effectively and profitably interact in an digital business environment: usability and webanalytics, digital marketing, social media communication, e-Commerce and cyber security.
- Online Communication Design
- Digital Challenges in Marketing and Big Data
- Fashion Communication
- Sustainable Fashion
- Intercultural Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Communication Law
- Brand Management
- Media Economics and Policy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Cyber Security Digital Marketing View 8 other Masters in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Switzerland
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The formal requirement for admission to the MSc in Digital Fashion Communication is a Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences, Communication Sciences, Business Administration, Fashion, Art, Literature, Tourism, or in similar domains, granted by a recognized university.
- To ensure the optimal ratio between learners and the faculty, the places offered are limited; therefore the selection can be subject to a Skype interview and can be effected on the basis of the academic results.
International7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA7420 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7420 EUR per year during 24 months.
- National: CHF 2,000 per semester
- International: CHF 4,000 per semester
Living costs for Lugano
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.