Students enrolled in the Chemical and Biological Engineering (Energy and Sustainability) programme offered by University at Buffalo, The State University of New York School of Engineering and Applied Sciences achieve mastery of core and specialized areas of chemical engineering, as well as the ability to conduct research on a well-defined problem formulated by the student's faculty advisor.
The degree is designed to accommodate both applicants with and without prior Chemical Engineering training, and may be augmented by following a recommended curriculum in one of four areas:
- Modeling, Simulation, and Informatics
- Chemistry and Processing of Materials
- Energy and Sustainability
The Chemical Engineering ME with a course focus in Energy and Sustainability addresses two of mankind's grand-challenge issues from a chemical engineering perspective.
It is designed to train students in both the fundamental and practical aspects of energy conversion, conservation, and supplies, as well as the sustainable use of resources and our environment. This includes the study of conventional and renewable energy technology, fuels, catalysis and chemical reaction engineering, green chemistry and materials, processing, separations, remediation, and thermodynamics. These skills and insights will equip our students to pursue potential solutions in this vital field of engineering.
Industrial job opportunities are growing in chemical, materials, petroleum and agriculture areas as well as in the technology and policy sectors. Government jobs are available at national laboratories and various government agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Petroleum Engineering
- Colloid and Surface Phenomena
- Application and Advanced Topics of Colloid and Surface Phenomena
- Materials Science and Corrosion
- Polymer Science and Engineering
- Materials Principles
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
Applications are due January 15 but applications will continue to be accepted on a rolling basis while space is available. International students who require a visa, submission by March 1 is recommended for Fall admission.
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Biology General Engineering & Technology View 846 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- For Master’s applications, please submit undergraduate and (where applicable) graduate grades. GRE and recommendation letters are not required, although applicants are encouraged to submit them if doing so will strengthen their applications.
- ALL international applicants MUST complete and return the International Applicant Financial, regardless of ability to pay.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23100 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23100 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National11310 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11310 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- School of Engineering and Applied Sciences Scholarships
- University at Buffalo Presidential Fellowships
- National Science Foundation Graduate Fellowships
- Arthur A. Schomburg Fellowships
- Fulbright Programs
- Western New York Prosperity Fellowship Program
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.