Due to the uncertainty regarding the COVID-19 situation and the resulting restrictions we are looking for safe ways to organize and conduct teaching in the upcoming academic year. The safety and wellbeing of our students and staff is our main priority. At present we are exploring a combination of online instruction and classroom teaching. For more details contact the UCT Prague directly.
This programme is designed as a follow-up master programme (aiming at a master degree with the Czech title Ing., which is is equivalent to the title MSc.) continuing the education of graduates with bachelor degree (Bc.) from the bachelor programme “Chemistry and Technology“ obtained at the UCT Prague or from an equivalent bachelor programme at a university or comparable institution abroad.
The study programme CTM is taught in English (requiring English language skills at least at the B2 level) and is designed for students that cannot or do not want to enter a Czech study programme.
Specialisations of Chemistry, Technology and Materials at the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague:
- Chemistry and Chemical Technology: In addition to this common ground of the programme as a whole, in the specialization CCT the students focus on organic synthesis, retrosynthesis, process design, molecular spectroscopy and several more specialized topics (catalysis, transition metals in organic synthesis etc.)
- Materials Chemistry and Technology: In the specialization MCT the students obtain a thorough common basis in chemistry and physics of solids, microstructure-property relations, crystal chemistry, spectroscopic and microscopic characterization of materials and mechanics of materials and can simultaneously focus more specifically on the material class of their choice (metals, polymers, glass or ceramics).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Organic Synthesis
- Specialization Laboratory Course – Chemistry
- Organic Reaction Mechanisms
- Engineering in Chemical and Pharmaceutical Processes
- Process Design
- Structure and Properties of Molecules
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Application period starts on 10th of January
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Chemistry View 6 other Masters in Chemistry in Czech Republic
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Verified Diploma with Diploma supplement (Master degree applicants)
- Recognition (Nostrification) certificate of your previous education shall be submitted by the date of Enrolment at the latest
- Letter of motivation
- Certificate of English language knowledge
- Signed Curriculum Vitae
- Copy of your passport (only the page with your picture and personal data)
- Certified translation of Birth certificate or similar document providing evidence of date and place of birth (NOT an ID or passport).
- Recent Health certificate (not older than 2 months) confirmed by an official health institution
International2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2602 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2602 EUR per year during 24 months.
65 500,- CZK
Living costs for Prague
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.