The Architecture, Urbanism and Building Sciences programme of Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) sets itself apart from other architecture programmes in the diversity of directions available. Blending knowledge and skills from design practice, from the physical and social sciences, technology and engineering, this programme explores innovative ways to create more sustainable development.
Teaching draws on a very wide variety of examples of the built environment from the Netherlands and many other countries, encouraging students to actively share knowledge and experience. Students are able to develop an independent and academic attitude and are given the opportunity to design their own projects in the specialty of their choice, supported by an excellent infrastructure of model-making facilities, studio spaces and frequent excursions, workshops and seminars.
The teaching approach borrows from the Dutch tradition of working in a multi-disciplinary way with students working in groups to create integrated solutions for the built environment.
Once you have successfully completed the MSc Architecture, Urbanism and Building Sciences programme, you have a Master of Science degree (MSc). With the Architecture, Landscape Architecture or Urbanism track you can register in the Dutch Register of Architects and apply for the title of Architect, Landscape Architect or Urban Designer in the Netherlands after completing a period of professional work experience.
- Architecture Design Studio
- Building Engineering Studios
- Delft Lectures on Architectural Design & Research Methods
- Thesis Architectural History or Theory
- Bridge Design
- Infrastructure and Environment Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , EEA/EU
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 20 other Masters in Architecture in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A bachelor’s degree with a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of at least 75% of the scale maximum, unless specific requirements are defined. The degree must be comparable in level to a bachelor’s degree from a research university in the Netherlands and must be closely related to your MSc programme of choice. In addition, scores for key subjects must also be good.
- English language proficiency
- Motivation letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- A Portfolio is required for all MSc tracks. The digital portfolio should include samples of work from your previous educational programme. Working experience may be added to the portfolio.
International19600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19600 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA2209 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2209 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Delft
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.