You will choose either sound or visual technology as your main speciality, but you will also gain an in-depth working knowledge of the other field.
Beyond your core specialities, you will develop your skills in entrepreneurship, teamwork and project management. Practice is at the core of the curriculum, and you will apply what you learned in the classroom straight away with practical activities and by working in creative teams.
After graduation from the Sound and Visual Technology programme at University of Tartu you will possess the competences to take a leading position at a performance institution or theatre. You will be able to lead large-scale audiovisual projects or work as the head of a technical area at a theatre. You can also start your own business or work as a freelancer, as you will have the necessary skills and knowledge in entrepreneurship and team management.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- First module (30 ECTS) is dedicated to general subjects, which include courses on project management, startup entrepreneurship, working in multicultural teams and subjects relating to cross-media technology and audiovisual culture.
- Second module (30 ECTS) is your speciality module. You will team up with your fellow students for creative-practical practice “Sound and visual arts project”.
- Third module (20 ECTS) is speciality practice. It can be pursued based on your individual study path and interests.
- Fourth module (6 ECTS) includes free elective subjects. You can choose from any of the available subjects taught in Tartu University or other universities in Estonia.
- Fifth module (34 ECTS) is the master thesis module.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Extended application deadline
- 15 May for all applicants
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Music View 5 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in Estonia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification (must be obtained by the end of July)
- English language proficiency
- the score of the motivation letter (yields 25% of the final score)
- the score of the portfolio (yields 25% of the final score)
- the admission interview (yields 50% of the final score)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEA4000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Viljandi
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.