In the 21st century, businesses are more globally integrated than ever before meaning international business expertise is highly sought after to understand the dynamic conditions and opportunities within a global market. Organisations need managers with skills in this field if they are to achieve their international aspirations.
Why study the MA International Business Management with Integrated Placement at Middlesex University?
This challenging course will suit those who have aspirations to manage in an international context and would either like to enhance career opportunities in this field or develop an existing career for the purposes of progression. Core to the course is an understanding of managing company operations and dealing with issues such as financial performance, all within a diverse and multicultural arena to enhance your international perspective.
You will gain in-depth knowledge about the dynamic nature of global business environments and an understanding of international entrepreneurial activity, as well as experiencing industry based trips and professional speakers that will enhance your practice awareness. The aim of this course is to equip you with effective management and operational processes that will enable you to pursue a career path to managerial positions.
- Offers a holistic perspective on international business taking in strategic and logistical issues such as decision making, business strategy, multinational enterprise, financial analysis and supply chain management
- This course is taught by academics who have research expertise in MNE innovation strategy, emerging market strategies, SME internationalisation, strategic marketing and international HRM
- You will be able to enhance your understanding of practice through industry trips and attending talks by guest speakers
- Access to the Chartered Management Institute’s Management Direct resource hub where you will find thousands of online resources, creative tools for problem solving and interactive scenarios to aid self-directed learning
As part of this course, you can do an optional three month or one year industry placement. Programmes with integral placements give you the opportunity to apply the skills you have learned throughout your studies in a practical environment. You will be earning a full time salary and will learn skills that can't be taught in a classroom at University. During the placement, you will be able to gain further insight into industrial practice that you can take forward into your individual project and into your future career.
Although the placement is not guaranteed, the University maintains links with a wide network of organisations who offer placement opportunities. The University will also provide you with full support to help you secure a placement, from job application to the interview.
In order to qualify for the placement period you must have passed all modules in the semesters preceding the placement. The placement will take place after the taught modules and before your final dissertation/applied project.
The course provides both the international perspective and management understanding that will enhance career progression for those already working in a business environment and the career path of those setting out to work in an international business management role.
Programmes with integral placements give you the opportunity to apply the skills you have learned throughout your studies in a practical environment. You will be earning a full time salary and will learn skills that can't be taught in a classroom at University. During the placement, you will be able to gain further insight into industrial practice that you can take forward into your individual project and into your future career.
Some of the specific roles within this area are:
- Management Analyst
- Trade Manager
- International Management Consultant
- Import/Export Agent
- Sales Representative
- International Business Strategy
- Management in a Globalised Context
- Trade and the Multinational Enterprise
- Global Supply Chain Management
- International Marketing
- International Business Management Project
- International Entrepreneurship
- Managing the Multinational Organisation
- Management Analytics
- New Trends in International Business
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
We recommend applying as early as possible for your chosen postgraduate course to ensure you are granted a place.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership International Business View 1359 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
- We welcome applications from graduates with a 2:2 honours degree or above in an appropriate subject, or an equivalent qualification
- For students who do not meet the entry requirement for this course, we offer an alternative 15 month MA International Business Management degree
- We also consider candidates with other relevant qualifications
- Those without formal qualifications need to demonstrate three years' relevant work experience and the ability to study at postgraduate level.
International13200 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 16500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
EU/EEA9040 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11300 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 15 months.
- UK/EU students
24 months - £11,800
- International students
24 months: £17,000
We don't want you to be discouraged from university study due to financial reasons so we offer scholarships, awards and bursaries. They aren't like a loan because you don't need to pay them back.
We award them for different reasons based on your personal circumstances, such as academic achievement.
You can use the money to reduce your tuition fees or to assist with expenses.You could be entitled for a loan from Student Finance of up to £10,906 for taught and research master's courses. This is a non means-tested loan to help cover your fees, other course costs and living costs.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.