- To provide a solid background in new and key fields of Chemistry, namely Nanochemistry and Biomolecular Chemistry;
- To provide an advanced theoretical background and practical training in techniques for separation and spectroscopic characterization;
- To introduce students into specific areas such as Macromolecular Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry, Computational Chemistry or Metrology and Accreditation in Chemistry, which are optional courses;
To provide advanced training in a specific area of Specialization which must be chosen by the student among the following:
- Specialization in Analytical Chemistry and Qualityo
- Specialization in Inorganic Chemistry and Materials
- Specialization in Organic Chemistry and Natural Products
Overall, the generic and specific skills developed during the Master course will enable students to enter the labour market, as highly qualified professionals, or to continue studies at the PhD level.
Depending on the chosen Area of Specialization, the holders of the Master degree in Chemistry will have scientific qualifications that will enable them to develop with competence their professional activity in the following areas:
- Analytical laboratories in the areas of Chemistry (Analytical, Industrial and Food), Environment and Health - As responsible persons for quality control in research laboratories, industry and services - As trainers in Quality Control;
- In research and development, quality control, production and marketing of advanced materials for the industries of electronics, communications, metallurgy and ceramics and glass;
- In research and development, quality control, production and marketing of products from chemical industries in sectors linked to agro-chemicals, pharmaceutics, cosmetics and fine organic chemistry in general;
- In research and development, quality control, production and marketing of products in the chemical industries in the sectors of polymers, plastics, paints and coatings, composites, pulp and paper, pellets, cork and agro-food.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spectroscopic Techniques
- Macromolecular Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Computational Chemistry
- Separation Techniques
- Metrology and Accreditation in Chemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesChemical Engineering Chemistry View 11 other Masters in Chemistry in Portugal
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Licenciatura level degree, or legal equivalent in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Pharmacy and related programmes.
- Foreign higher education degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Pharmacy and related programmes, awarded on completion of a 1st cycle study programme organised in accordance with the principles of the Bologna Process by a State adhering to this process.
- Foreign higher education degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biotechnology, Chemical Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Materials Engineering, Pharmacy and related programmes recognised as satisfying the objectives of the licenciatura degree by the scientifically and statutorily competent body.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5500 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5500 EUR per year during 24 months.
National1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Aveiro
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.