The program enables students to identify optimal actions in a variety of contexts, anticipate economic consequences, evaluate the effects of policy changes, understand strategic behavior, and explain and predict market outcomes. Students are prepared for a range of analytical careers through their quantitative skills: an ability to mathematically model and solve complex business and policy problems, as well as an advanced command of statistical tools.
The Economics - Quantitative Business Modeling program at California State University East Bay permits students to gain exposure to finance, marketing, and business analytics that is valuable in corporate careers, through selected courses in CBE’s business programs. The General Economics concentration is geared to advisory professions, the public sector, or PhD programs.
Program Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Master in Science in Economics will be able to:
- Generate solutions to economic optimization problems under constraints.
- Construct equilibria in models of strategic behavior.
- Identify and apply appropriate empirical techniques for estimation problems.
- Estimate models informed by economic theory using specialized software for data analysis.
- Foundations of Economic Theory
- Advanced Microeconomics
- Advanced Macroeconomics
- Advanced Econometrics
- Applied Data Analysis
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Innovation Management View 121 other Masters in Innovation Management in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at California State University East Bay and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- If you were educated outside of the U.S., you must have earned a degree equivalent to a 4-year U.S. Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution. An official determination of eligibility will be made during the application process.
- English language proficiency
- Statement of Purpose
- CV / Resume
- Letters of Recommendation
International15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
National15557 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15557 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State8429 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8429 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Hayward
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.