Secondary education degree candidates will enter the program as part of a cohort in one of four areas:
- Language Arts
- Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or Earth Science)
More informationVisit official programme website
- A professional core in the area of educational foundations, curriculum, and instruction; as well as adolescent development, literacy, educational technology, and research (15 credit hours, 20 hours of community-based experiences).
- A content-specific curriculum and pedagogy sequence (Seven (7) credit hours, including 80 hours of clinical experiences).
- Student teaching plus seminar (Nine (9) credit hours, including a 16-week, full-time student teaching internship and a reflective seminar. Per Illinois State Board of Education Policy, candidates will also complete and submit their edTPA performance assessment during their student teaching semester).
- M.A.T. research and elective courses, including options such as teaching English as a Second Language, Educational Foundations, Multicultural Education, Special Education, Middle-Level education, and graduate-level content areas courses
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Deadline passed, International
DisciplinesTeaching View 1045 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Official transcripts are required from all colleges and universities attended. Official transcripts and examination scores must be sent electronically or mailed in sealed envelopes from the sending college or institution.
- The $30 application fee is payable by mail (check or money order), online (debit or credit card) or in person (cash, check, money order, debit or credit card).
- If you are a Permanent Resident of the United States, provide a clear copy of your Permanent Resident card.
International808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National808 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 808 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State404 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 404 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.