The Master of Science Degree in Middle Grades STEM Education:
- cultivates and trains teachers in STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math) to both create STEM-related experiences that excite and interest students of all backgrounds and to support states and school districts in their efforts to transform schools into vibrant STEM learning environments;
- engages middle school science and mathematics teachers in ways that improve their content knowledge and enhance their pedagogical skills in teaching mathematics and scince and prepares middle grades mathematics and science teachers for roles as teacher leaders; and,
- prepares middle school STEM teachers to inspire and teach students to be successful in STEM education, thereby increasing the number of individuals capable of filling critically important STEM-related career positions.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cognition, Comprehension and Content Area Reading
- Seminar in Curriculum Research
- Teaching Earth Space in Middle Grades
- Teaching Biology and Ocean Science in Middle Grades
- Physical Science for Middle Grade Teachers
- Geometry and Measurement in the Middle Grades
- Technology-Enhanced Numerical Analysis in the Middle Grades
- Teaching Technology-Enhanced Algebra in the Middle Grades
- Trends in STEM for Middle Grades Teachers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3531 other Masters in Education in United States
- Two years of middle grades (5-9) teaching experience in math and/or science;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a STEM-related field from a regionally accredited university and teacher certification in an appropriate area;
- Grades of ‘C’ or better in all core undergraduate science and mathematics courses
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or greater for a Bachelor’s degree
International871 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 871 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National871 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 871 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
In-State425 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 425 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.