The Master of Science Degree in Middle Grades STEM Education at University of South Florida St Petersburg:
- cultivates and trains teachers in STEM programs (science, technology, engineering and math) to both create STEM-related experiences that excite and interest students of all backgrounds and to support states and school districts in their efforts to transform schools into vibrant STEM learning environments;
- engages middle school science and mathematics teachers in ways that improve their content knowledge and enhance their pedagogical skills in teaching mathematics and scince and prepares middle grades mathematics and science teachers for roles as teacher leaders; and,
- prepares middle school STEM teachers to inspire and teach students to be successful in STEM education, thereby increasing the number of individuals capable of filling critically important STEM-related career positions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Cognition, Comprehension and Content Area Reading
- Seminar in Curriculum Research
- Teaching Earth Space in Middle Grades
- Teaching Biology and Ocean Science in Middle Grades
- Physical Science for Middle Grade Teachers
- Geometry and Measurement in the Middle Grades
- Technology-Enhanced Numerical Analysis in the Middle Grades
- Teaching Technology-Enhanced Algebra in the Middle Grades
- Trends in STEM for Middle Grades Teachers
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Educational Research Teaching View 3558 other Masters in Education in United States
- A bachelor’s degree with a “B” average or better and a previous graduate degree with a “B” average or better. In cases where an applicant has a bachelor’s and a graduate degree at the time of admission, the credentials and GPA of the graduate degree will be the determining factor for admission.
- The equivalent bachelors and/or graduate degrees from a foreign institution. Bachelor’s degrees from institutions in the European Higher Education Area (EHEA) are considered equivalent based on the Bologna Accord. For applicants with a 3-year Bachelor’s Degree with less than 120 hours, from Non-Bologna Accord Institutions, a transcript evaluation from a NACES member is required to confirm equivalency.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the official language, and who have not earned at least a bachelor’s degree in the U.S., must also demonstrate proficiency in the English language.
International15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National15696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 15696 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State7672 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7672 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.