- Program graduates who have their initial teaching certificate and have completed two years full-time teaching experience by the time they graduate from this program are also eligible to receive their Reading Specialist certificate without having to complete any additional coursework.
- The MA in Reading Accelerated Hybrid Option at the Montclair State University prepares educators to meet present and future demands as literacy specialists. The program emphasizes practice informed by current theory and research and provides a range of learning experiences that enhance candidates’ understanding of what it means to be an effective literacy educator.
- Program graduates will be prepared to serve in a wide array of educational roles in a variety of settings. Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to effectively provide developmentally appropriate literacy instruction for a diverse population of K-12 learners, including English language learners, students with disabilities and those who are struggling with literacy.
- Graduates will also be able to identify and respond to social and cultural developments that are changing the way students read and write, including the growing use of digital technologies. Graduates will be prepared to work with students at the classroom level and with colleagues at the school level to enhance literacy instruction more broadly.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Literacy Foundations
- Techniques of Reading Improvement in the Secondary School
- Administration and Supervision of Reading Programs
- Critical Thinking and Literacy
- Case Studies of Reading Difficulties
- Literature for Adolescents
- 15 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLiterature View 456 other Masters in Literature in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Transcript: One from each college attended.
- Essays/Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation: Two.
- Students holding degrees from non-US institutions must request a course-by-course transcript evaluation from a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or by Educated Choices. TOEFL (Test of English as a foreign language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or Duolingo English Test are required for applicants to any program who earned their degree in a country where English is not the official language. Please check our International Applicants page for more information and for our current TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy.
International701 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 701 USD per credit and a duration of 15 months.
National701 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 701 USD per credit and a duration of 15 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.