Building technology concerns the analysis, calculation and design of the body of the building, including facade and building envelopes.
In the master's Structural Engineering and Building Technology degree at Oslo Metropolitan University, you will gain in-depth knowledge and specialization in the fields of structural engineering and building technology. It will provide you with up-to-date knowledge based on the needs of the building industry and the society.
- Candidates holding this master’s degree have expertise that is in high demand in both the private and public sector.
- The most relevant employers are advisory engineering firms, contractors, construction clients, municipalities and research institutes.
- Structural Engineering: Structural Engineering is about the analysis, calculation and design of load-bearing structures and structural systems in an effort to understand and calculate the stability, strength and rigidity of built structures. Structural engineering theory is based upon applied physical laws and empirical knowledge of the structural performance of different materials and geometries.
- Building Technology: Building technology concerns the analysis, calculation and design of the body of the building, including facades and building envelopes. Climate changes brings increased temperature, more rainfall and extreme weather, and it exposes buildings, bridges, offshore structures and other installations to greater and more unpredictable stresses.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , EEA/EU
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction General Engineering & Technology View 33 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Norway
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
To apply for any master's degree you need
- an average grade of at least C (according to the ECTS grading scale) on your bachelor's degree
- to meet the requirements for English proficiency
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
EU/EEAFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 24 months.
- The only cost of this programme is the semester fee of approximately 1000 NOK. (101 EUR)
Living costs for Oslo
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.