At Reading - Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts from Southern Connecticut State University you go on to study typical and atypical literacy development; best practices in intervention; and instruction for students with learning difficulties or disabilities including dyslexia, discipline- specific literacies, and the literacy acquisition of English learners.
Graduates with Reading - Remedial Reading and Remedial Language Arts from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- use best practices in effectively dealing with typical and atypical students, as well as English Language Learners (ELLs).
- differentiate teaching to accommodate the varied needs of students.
- use best practices in classroom management and effectively display these practices in supervised settings to ensure that they are classroom ready.
- successfully complete a semester-long student teaching placement.
- integrate best practices to teach their specialty-area subject matter and effectively reach each learner in their classroom.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Content Area Literacy and Secondary Reading Instruction in Middle and High Schools
- Developmental Reading and Language Arts in the Elementary School
- Tests, Measurements, and Evaluation in the Reading and Language Arts Program
- Literacy Interventions for Struggling Readers and Writers
- Writing Instruction in the Reading and Language Arts Program
- Diversity in Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Literature View 1018 other Masters in Language Studies in United States
- Official Transcripts
- Two Letters of Recommendation (includes Program-Specific Rating Form)
- Personal Essay (see Program-Specific Topic)
- Copy of CT Teaching Certification
- Submit applications online. A $50 application fee must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
- Hold the foreign equivalent of a United States bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education with an undergraduate grade point average of at least "B." (On various grading scales this would be at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, 14 on a 20 point scale.)
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
- Provide a certified evaluation of foreign transcripts and credentials from World Education Services; Josef Silny & Associates Evaluators, Inc.; Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.; or Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
International19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
National19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3837 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.