Library and Information Science from Southern Connecticut State University is offered with the following specializations:
- MLIS individualized programs designed to provide flexibility that supports student choices and career plans
- school library media specialists.
Graduates with Library and Information Science from Southern Connecticut State University will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principles, history, philosophy, policies and ethics of library and information science as they serve the information needs of individuals, groups and organizations in local, national and global diverse communities.
- Embrace, utilize and critically assess both current and emerging information technologies to select, organize, manage, facilitate access, and disseminate information.
- Apply theories of user-centered customer service in addressing the information needs of individuals, groups, and organizations in increasingly diverse communities.
- Manage and lead libraries and other information organizations.
- Play a role in the advancement of the library and information profession through experiencing research, service and/or advocacy.
- Library and Information Science
- Information Resources Organization and Management
- Information Science and technology
- User Services
- Management of Library and Information Agencies
- Library Science Internship
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLibrary Science View 32 other Masters in Library Science in United States
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university (or equivalent for students with degrees obtained in other countries)
- Undergraduate cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 (scale A = 4.0)
- Official academic transcripts for all college-level programs the applicant has ever attempted and/or completed
- TOEFL scores
- Two letters of recommendation written by individuals in a position to describe and evaluate the applicant’s commitment and potential for academic success at the graduate level.
- A written statement (400-500 words) describing why the applicant is interested in the chosen program of study, expected contributions, and anticipated areas of professional practice.
- A current resume.
- Submit applications online. A $50 application fee must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
International6276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3138 USD per semester during 12 months.
National6276 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3138 USD per semester during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.