Built on the combined expertise of the Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) and , the Master's programme in Conflict, Peace and Security aims to equip participants with a broad analytical skillset, first-hand knowledge and unique expertise from the field.
The Master's Degree and related qualifications are suitable both for professionals working in conflict-prone environments within the framework of international, regional, governmental or non-governmental organizations, and for graduate students, young researchers or other academics interested in enhancing their understanding of conflicts and acquiring skills to better address them.
By choosing the Master in Conflict, Peace and Security at Universitat Oberta de Catalunya (UOC) students gain access to a broad community of alumni spread across the world. Becoming a part of this community will be a valuable asset for a lifetime.
- To know the theory, its different approaches and the nature of contemporary conflicts
- To acquire skills of analysis and the ability to plan actions for peaceful interventions, both for the prevention of conflicts and for intervening during their development
- To learn techniques and strategies for intelligent non-violent intervention in conflict situations
- To access information and knowledge to be able to develop efficient intervention programmes and manage the quest for positive specific solutions
- To be able to lead and facilitate negotiation and mediation processes
- To transform the way to communicate both to prevent and to end conflicts.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Conflict Analysis
- Conflict Resolution
- Philosophy of Peace and Non Violence
- Media, Conflict and Peace Building
- Game Theory
- Human Security
- Research Methods
- Economy, Environment and Migration
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMilitary Science International Relations Terrorism & Security View 10 other Masters in International Relations in Spain
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be admitted on a master's degree or postgraduate diploma course, you need to be able to accredit an official qualification. If you cannot accredit this qualification, you will be awarded a university extension diploma.
- To be admitted on a specialization course (specialization certificate), you do not need to be able to accredit an official qualification.
- To be able to read and write in English.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International5578 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11156 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
EU/EEA5578 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11156 EUR for the full programme and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.