Bilingual Multicultural Education - TESOL Southern Connecticut State University provides students with a comprehensive introduction to linguistics, second language acquisition theory, bilingual education, methods of teaching English as a second and foreign language, immigration issues, and multiliteracy and multiculturalism.
Upon program completion, graduates receive a credential in teaching Engilsh to speakers of other languages that is globally accepted and in-service teachers are eligible for additional certification in ESOL and/or Bilingual education.
- Descriptive Linguistics
- Second Language Acquisition
- TESOL: Principles and Practices
- TESOL: Methods and Materials
- Bilingual Education: Principles and Practices
- Immigration and English Language Learners
- Content-Based Instruction for English Language Learners
- Assessment for English Language Learners
- The Teaching of Writing
- Applied English Linguistics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesTeaching English View 185 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
- Submit applications online. A $50 application fee must be submitted before your application will be considered complete.
- Present certified copies and certified English translations of all academic achievements in each college or university attended.
- Provide a certified evaluation of foreign transcripts and credentials from World Education Services; Josef Silny & Associates Evaluators, Inc.; Global Credential Evaluators, Inc.; or Educational Credential Evaluators Inc.
- Recommendation Forms
- Official Transcripts
- 3.0 GPA in an undergraduate program which includes the study of a foreign language. A minimum TOEFL score of 600/250CBT/100IBT is required for candidates who are not native speakers of English.
International19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
National19768 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9884 USD per semester during 12 months.
In-State7674 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3837 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for New Haven
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.