All students in the Music Technology - Studio Technology program from Southern Utah University will complete a capstone project showing mastery and synthesis of skills learned in their area of study, and will have the opportunity to work in preparation of that capstone project with an academic and professional mentor.
Program Learning Outcomes
Performance and Musicianship
- Students will be able to create high quality recordings in a home studio environment.
- Students will be able to collaborate in the larger music industry to successfully complete music projects.
History and Theory
- Students will be able to analyze contemporary popular songs and music.
- Students will be able to identify historical influences in popular music.
- Students will be able to work within the structure of the music business and the methods for making a living/career.
- Students will be able to command a digital audio workstation.
- Students will be able to notate music using software.
- Students will be able to record, edit, and produce video for their performance and promotional needs.
- Students will be able to set up, engineering, and run live sounds for events.
- Music Graduate Study
- Live Sound/Concert Production
- Audio Recording
- Music Business and Brand Promotion
- Popular Music History/Theory
- Capstone Project
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesMusic Sound Engineering View 63 other Masters in Music in United States
- At SUU, we’ve streamlined the admission process to help you get started quickly and easily. Please read the requirements for the M.M. Music Technology – Studio Technology Track online, including what additional materials you need and where you should send them.
- Online Application
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Portfolio Samples
International12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National12900 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12900 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.