Our curriculum teaches effective practices in addressing a wide range of public health problems at the local, regional, national and global levels. Students complete 42 semester credit hours.
The Master of Public Health (MPH) is offered entirely online and provides students with a high-quality, multidisciplinary perspective on public health to prepare them to be public health professionals. Students can work toward earning an MPH generalist degree or an MPH in Health Promotion, Education, and Behavior. The required and elective courses offer students the opportunity to tailor their degree to best fit their career goals in public health. The MPH is allied with several academic centers/certificate programs that broaden the educational opportunities available to students in the program.
Close relationships with the state public health facilities in the region as well as with area hospitals and the military provide a strong foundation in the healthcare and public health communities for enhancing and broadening the internship opportunities for students in the program.
Internship in Public Health
Students enrolled in the MPH Program are required to complete a two-semester, six credit hour Internship in the field of public health under the guidance of a qualified mentor and MPH Faculty Internship Advisor.
Students will be required to complete and pass the proctored, closed-book MPH Comprehensive Exam. The exam is designed to assess the student's level of mastery of the five core competency areas acquired in the five MPH core courses, as well as the cross-cutting competencies acquired in their five required courses.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Social and Behavioral Sciences in Public Health
- Epidemiology for Public Health Professionals
- Environmental Health
- Biostatistics for Public Health
- Public Health Policy
- Internship in Public Health I
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPublic Health View 187 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited or recognized University
- Applicants must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale from an accredited US institution or recognized international institution.
- A statement of career goals (500-1000 words) that conveys the applicant’s reasons for pursuing graduate study in public health and how admission into the program relates to the applicant’s professional aspirations.
- One personal writing sample (e.g., written reports completed by the applicant or other representative samples of professional writing skills).
- Three letters of recommendation.
International1029 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1029 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National463 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State369 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 369 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.