Our graduate faculty members hold terminal degrees in their fields and have extensive teaching and publishing experience. Please visit the individual faculty pages to view the full range of the faculty's publishing and research interests.
Graduate students at the University of West Florida benefit from small class sizes, affordable tuition, great facilities, an accomplished faculty, and talented peers. Many graduate students have the opportunity to hone their skills as teachers by teaching literature courses and composition and rhetoric courses through the university's writing program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Workshop in Fiction Writing
- Workshop in Creative Non-Fiction Writing
- Workshop in Poetry Writing
- Workshop in Teaching Creative Writing
- Special Topics in Creative Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguages Creative Writing Literature View 356 other Masters in Literature in United States
- Submission of official GRE Verbal score of at least 153 and Analytical Writing score of at least 4.5 or equivalent GRE percentile performance under the new testing platform; OR Official MAT-minimum score 413
- 20 hours upper division undergraduate coursework in English
- Submission of two page statement of purpose
- Submission of three letters of recommendation from instructors
- Submission of a writing sample (2,500 words of literary analysis for literature track or 2,500 words of fiction/non-fiction prose or 10 poems for creative writing specialization)
International1029 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1029 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
National463 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 463 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
In-State369 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 369 USD per credit and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.