Successful completion of the program will lead to NC Elementary Education certification (K-6) and prepare educators to teach as elementary classroom teachers.
Upon completion of the graduate Master of Arts In Teaching in Elementary Education from University of North Carolina Wilmington, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate a depth and breadth of general knowledge in the field of Elementary Education
- Demonstrate well-articulated theoretical beliefs and pedagogical practices relevant to K-6 classroom/school communities
- Demonstrate effective communication skills that can be utilized when interacting with colleagues, administrators, and families
- Design, implement, and assess effective instruction, with particular emphasis on integrated curriculum, creative and innovative teaching methodologies, and active learning strategies
- Establish a classroom environment sensitive to the cultural and linguistic needs of all students
- Effectively utilize technology to enhance the academic achievement of elementary learners
- Demonstrate effective leadership skills within the school environment and beyond
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Elementary Grades Education
- Research‐based Instructional Design and Integrated Curriculum
- Advanced Mathematics Methods
- Field Experience in the Public Schools
- Nature and Needs of Children with Exceptionalities
- Advanced Language and Literacy
- Field Exerience in the Public Schools
- Advanced Social Studies Methods
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Pedagogy Teaching View 123 other Masters in Pedagogy in United States
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university completed before graduate study begins.
- Official copies of transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate). Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better is recommended.
- Three recommendations by individuals in relevant professional fields.
- A letter of interest describing your interest in pursuing teaching as a profession, why you consider yourself a strong candidate for the program, and your commitment to working with children.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18548 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4720 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.