Students who elect the Nursing Leadership - Nursing and Organizational Leadership program at Winona State University are prepared for administrative and leadership positions in a health care setting. In addition to the core courses, content focuses on elements of a nursing care system; the responsibilities of the Nursing and Organizational Leader in research, education, and clinical practice; human resource management; fiscal accountability; information and project management; the functions of the Nursing and Organizational Leader in the organization and system; and on issues and trends in nursing organizational management.
Clinical practicums in advanced nursing for the Nursing and Organizational Leader emphasize management of clients, nurses, and other health care personnel and resources. The Nursing Leadership Practicums offer students the opportunity to apply nursing leadership and administrative principles under the guidance of a qualified preceptor. Graduates of the program are prepared for eligibility for the following certification exams after meeting additional eligibility criteria related to work experience: the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Nurse Executive Board Certification (NE-BC) or the American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE) Certified Executive in Nursing Practice (CENP).
- Information & Project Management
- Financial Resource Management in Nursing Service
- Human Resource Management
- Structure and Design of Nursing Services in Health Care Organizations
- Nursing Leadership Practicum
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesNursing Leadership View 755 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a Nationally accredited graduate program in nursing;
- Undergraduate coursework in physical assessment;
- Undergraduate courses in nursing research and statistics required;
- Computer literacy with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base programs;
- Transcripts of past education with GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale (1 official transcript from each institution attended);
- Applicants with GPA less than 3.0 will be considered for provisional admission on an individual basis;
International19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.