Students in the Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist program at Winona State University are prepared for the multi-faceted role of clinical nurse specialist with the adult/gerontology population. Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist students will demonstrate direct care (including prescriptive authority), consultation, systems leadership, collaboration, coaching, and research competencies and influence direct patient/client care, the practice of other nurses and nursing personnel, and healthcare systems/organization outcomes. Graduates with the MS degree are prepared for eligibility for the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Adult-Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist certification exam.
- Molecular, Genetic and Immune Mechanisms in Disease
- Advanced Clinical Pharmacology
- Advanced Pathophysiology
- Advanced Health Assessment
- Adult/Gerontology CNS Role Foundations Seminar
- Adult-Gerontology CNS Role Development Seminar
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 776 other Masters in Nursing in United States
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from a Nationally accredited graduate program in nursing;
- Undergraduate coursework in physical assessment;
- Undergraduate courses in nursing research and statistics required;
- Computer literacy with knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and data base programs;
International19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19380 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 646 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State12840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 428 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Winona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.