The Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at Sam Houston State University addresses the theories of language instruction and incorporates research-based best practices for teaching English language learners. In addition to receiving the M.Ed., our graduates earn a certificate in Second Language Instruction from Sam Houston State University.
This 30 hour online degree program is nationally accredited and addresses standards of the Teachers of English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). This program is designed for ESL/EFL professionals who teach at a variety of levels—from the young child through the adult learner.
The MEd in TESOL is designed to provide graduates with the following marketable skills:
- Cross-cultural communication skills.
- Intercultural competence skills.
- Critical awareness and thinking skills.
- Reflective practitioners.
- Soc Cult Lang Infl On Learning
- 2nd Lang Acquisition & Develop
- Applied Linguistics in ESL/EFL Settings
- ESL / EFL Methodology
- Computer Assisted Language Learning in English as a Second Language/English as a Foreign Language
- Second Language Assessment
- English for Specific Purposes
- Action Research in Second Lang
- Teaching Second Lang Writing
- Second Language Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching Teaching English View 60 other Masters in Teaching English in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Sam Houston State University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Graduate Application
- Application fee
- Official transcript(s) from the baccalaureate degree granting institution
- One letter of recommendation
- Writing sample (i.e. 1-2 page letter of intent describing reasons for choosing to pursue a M.Ed. in TESOL, etc.)
International21840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
National21840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 728 USD per credit during 12 months.
In-State9600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 320 USD per credit during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.