You will work with faculty and professionals to:
- Understand major theories, concepts, and research related to language acquisition and language development for emergent bilinguals.
- Examine best practices in designing curricula and providing instruction that supports literacy learning and language development in learning content.
- Boost your knowledge of instructional strategies to select and design materials that support emergent bilinguals in developing English language proficiency.
- Learn how to include culture, diversity, and equity in designing learning environments that support fair academic access and learning opportunities for emergent bilinguals.
- Apply classroom and school data to support learning for linguistically marginalized students, especially including content learning and language development for emergent bilinguals.
- Work closely with emergent bilinguals in school-based field experience settings, applying your studies of language acquisition and instructional methods that enhance language and content learning.
- Collaborate with a faculty advisor on a personalized research project that explores educational issues impacting instructional practices and school structures and that has clear implications for policy and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Educational Linguistics
- Cultural Competency in Schools
- Language Acquisition and Learning
- Multilingual Methods
- Assessment and Policy for Multilingual Learner
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation View 3489 other Masters in Education in United States
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Earned baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Coursework leading to a baccalaureate: 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with two or more baccalaureate degrees must have the minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average for each degree awarded.
- Coursework at the graduate level: 3.00 on a 4.00 scale. Applicants with prior graduate work must have the minimum 3.00 cumulative grade point average in all graduate work, even if that work did not result in a graduate credential.
International17712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17712 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National17712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 17712 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State7056 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 7056 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.