Reading (Online) from University of West Florida can enhance your professional skills and knowledge, and, if desired, help you transition into specialized areas of reading leadership within schools and at the district level. Our program’s curriculum is based on the International Literacy Association standards which also encompass the Florida Department of Education reading endorsement and certification requirements.
Students at Reading (Online) from University of West Florida will:
- Understand and teach concepts in literature, reading and literacy
- Identify and prevent difficulties in reading
- Administer organized and effective literacy programs
- Develop comprehensive reading assessments
- Methods of Advanced Language Arts and Writing
- Literature for Children and Young Adults
- Classroom Reading Assessments
- Middle and Secondary Literacy
- Literacy Development
- Differentiating Instruction
- Identifying and Preventing Reading Difficulties
- Research and Trends in Reading
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Literature Teaching View 551 other Masters in Teaching in United States
- Hold professional teaching certification
- Have earned an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Demonstrate proficiency in ESOL via completion of an ESOL survey course or district in-service points
- Demonstrate proficiency of the Additional Elements of the Florida Uniform Core Curriculum
- Submit official transcripts confirming a bachelor’s degree from an institution whose accrediting agency is included on the list of UWF approved accrediting agencies
- Submit GRE or MAT scores
- Submit a letter of intent that includes the following information: your background, short- and long-term goals, contributions you would like to make to your field of study and strengths you bring to the program
- Submit contact information (email addresses and phone numbers) for two professional references
International18792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1044 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18792 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1044 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State6912 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 384 USD per credit during 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.