On the Clinical Research at the Victoria University of Wellington programme you'll learn to use both qualitative and quantitative research methods, and find out how to critically evaluate current literature. Gain knowledge in good study design and research practice, data analysis and research presentation. You'll find out how to carry out clinical trials and cover ethical and cultural issues in clinical research.
Toward the end of your studies you'll be guided to write a full research grant application that describes a proposed clinical research project. Past students' projects have included a trial of medical grade honey in childhood impetigo, an investigation of a new type of prosthetic hip, a trial of a new medication in Huntingdon's disease and research into the benefits of steroids in pneumonia treatment.
- Clinical Research and Clinical Trial Practice
- Ethics and Research in Special Populations as Applied to Clinical Research
- Thesis in Clinical Research
- Advanced Clinical Research Design, Management and Analysis
- 8 months
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesPublic Health Educational Research Health Sciences View 59 other Masters in Public Health in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant subject. You may also be required to demonstrate your proficiency in English.
International31915 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31915 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
National8243 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8243 USD for the full programme during 8 months.
- Estimated international fees : About NZ$44,121 for the full programme
- Estimated domestic fees : About NZ$11,396 for the full programme
Living costs for Wellington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.