The increasing professionalisation of sport means there is a growing demand for qualified managers to manage and promote sports affairs. To be an effective sport manager of tomorrow, you will need a strong background in both business management and sport-related subjects.
The Master of Sport Management at Massey University is a unique qualification in New Zealand. No other university offers a similar sports qualification in conjunction with a business school, making it the country’s only professional practice, 180-credit, sport management-specific qualification. The course is specifically designed to meet the needs of sport organisations. You will gain a valuable, flexible and highly marketable qualification, giving you skills and in-depth understanding in a broad range of management and sport-related areas.
- Leading and Changing Organisations
- Project Management
- Advanced Sport in the Social Context
- Advanced Sport Management
- Professional Practice in Sport Management
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Admission to the Master of Sport Management (180 credit) requires a Bachelor's degree, or equivalent qualification with a grade average of at least a B- in the highest level courses.
- Admission to the Master of Sport Management (120 credit) requires a Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management or the Postgraduate Diploma in Sport and Exercise with an endorsement in Sport Management, with at least a grade average of B
International23610 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23610 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
National4836 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4836 USD per year and a duration of 18 months.
- Domestic students: 7400 NZD
- International students: 36122 NZD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.