The Master of Social Work from Massey University is intended for practitioners who wish to undertake advanced study of a specific aspect of social and community work.
The MSW is flexible and offers you opportunities for both full and part-time study.The MSW is a thesis-based programme that encourages social workers to pursue research in a particular field of practice, population, or area of interest. It equips social workers to develop and use research skills in their practice settings and keep current with the very latest theories and practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Courses to the value of 240 credits consisting of either:
- 120 credits of taught courses and a 120 credit thesis; or
- 150 credits of taught courses and a 90 credit thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSocial Work View 3 other Masters in Social Work in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Have been awarded or qualified for the Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Social Work with Honours with a B grade average over the 300-level majoring courses
- Have been awarded or qualified for the Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work with a B grade average across all courses
National4779 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4779 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
- Domestic students: 7400 NZD
- Not available for international students.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Getting a Student Visa
This is an online programme. You can attend from the comfort of your chair! So you don't need a student visa!
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.