Whatever your accountancy career ambitions are, this qualification will help you get there.The Master of Professional Accountancy and Finance (MPAF) from Massey University is the only professional master’s degree in New Zealand combining the two popular disciplines of accountancy and finance. It is open to graduates with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Open the door to professional organisations
Completion allows you to join key professional accountancy organisations in Australia and New Zealand.
The MPAF meets the academic requirements of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ), Certified Practising Accountants (CPA) Australia and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). It is accredited by all three organisations. The MPAF is also endorsed by the Chartered Financial Analysts (CFA) Institute.
Elevate your career
Completing this qualification shows a commitment to gaining the business capabilities employers are looking for. It will build on your previous study and/or practical work experience. You'll gain an excellent understanding of accountancy and finance principles and practical applications. It is the only master’s qualification where your study covers both these disciplines. Whether you come from a background in accountancy and finance or not, the MPAF will help build on your skills to help you move into more senior roles.
CareersSought after by employers
International trends are for employers to reward postgraduate study well, especially in larger enterprises. The skills you learn are increasingly recognised as setting you apart from other potential employees.
A 2017 Ministry of Education publication The post-study earnings and destinations of young domestic graduates, found that in New Zealand:
- young master’s graduates earn more than one and a half times more than the national median (five years after study)
- earnings and employment rates increase with the level of qualification completed
- five years after completion, the median earnings of young master’s graduates are 15% higher than for those with a bachelor’s degree.
- Accounting Systems
- Financial Accounting and Reporting
- Management Accounting and Decision Making
- Quantitative Methods for Accounting and Finance
- Financial Management
- Management in Organisations
- Law of Business
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesFinance Accounting View 37 other Masters in Finance in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To enter the Master of Professional Accountancy and Finance you will have been awarded or qualified for an undergraduate degree achieving at least a B grade average in the highest two levels of the majoring subject.
- You will need to provide verified copies of all academic transcripts for studies taken at all universities other than Massey University.
International22110 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22110 USD per year during 24 months.
National4789 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4789 USD per year during 24 months.
- Domestic students: $6,682.50 - $8,852.20
- International students: $31,810.00
Living costs for Palmerston North
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.