The Master of Pharmacy Business Administration faculty from the University of Pittsburgh created a pharmacy management-focused curriculum that encompasses the business concepts and analytical tools used by successful health care executives.
The 36 credit curriculum comprises of 18 credits of graduate business courses, 12 credits of pharmacy business administration courses, and 6 credits where students can further develop their business acumen in a focused industry track.
Graduates of the MPBA program will be able to:
- Assess, revise and create sound ethical and legal policies and procedures that benefit an organization and its stakeholders.
- Identify and propose innovative and dynamic solutions to common business problems in the broader context of an evolving healthcare industry.
- Discuss payer contracting and network strategies as they apply nationally and regionally to the business.
- Read, interpret and interrelate key financial statements.
- Utilize contemporary methods to assess inputs for valuation models, the impact of risk on valuation, and how valuation models help in decisions related to capital budgeting, asset acquisitions, and the capital structure of corporations.
More informationVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Financial Accounting
- Financial Management
- Executive Healthcare Innovations
- Graduate Executive Boardroom
- Healthcare Sales and Marketing
- Leadership and Ethics in Healthcare
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Pharmacy View 1016 other Masters in Business Administration in United States
- Completed Application Form (Application PDF)
- Résumé or CV
- Two letters of professional reference
- College or university transcripts
- Graduate school admission exam scores (recommended)
- TOEFL or the IELTS examination (for anyone who speaks English as a second language)
- In-person interview with MPBA program representatives.
International29428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29428 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
National29428 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 29428 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
In-State27590 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 27590 USD per year and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.