Students in the Marketing Science at the University of Pittsburgh learn how to build effective marketing strategies based on data and the latest technological tools.
The Katz Master of Science in Marketing Science is a 30-credit master’s degree program you may complete in two terms of full-time study beginning in the fall (August) term. You may also pursue the degree part time starting in the fall, spring (January), or summer (May).
You’ll also have access to research opportunities and industry connections through the Katz Center for Branding, a leading research center for branding and digital marketing.
As a Katz MS in Marketing Science student, you’ll have access to workshops and programs in such areas as digital lead generation, website analytics, search engine optimization, and social media marketing, through the Pitt Business Center for Branding. Focus areas include personal branding, branding using social media and social influencers, and use of big data/artificial intelligence to understand brand preferences and digital personalization.
Additional professional development and student club opportunities include:
- Katz Business Technology Club
- Katz Marketing Club
- Adobe Analytics Case Competition
- Marketing Research
- Consumer Behavior
- Economic Analysis for Managerial Decision: Firms and Markets
- Statistical Analysis: Uncertainty, Prediction, and Quality Improvement
- Shopper Analytics
- Digital and Social Media Analytics
- Marketing Management
- Social Media Strategy
- 12 months
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing Digital Communication Digital Marketing View 185 other Masters in Digital Marketing in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Pittsburgh and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- To recognize prospective students for their academic achievement, graduating students or recent graduates applying to any of Katz’s Master of Science programs within five years of completion of their degrees may be eligible for an exemption of the GMAT or GRE if they meet the following criteria:
- 3.25 cumulative GPA from a regionally accredited U.S. institution or foreign equivalent
- 3.0 quantitative GPA (in finance, accounting, economics, calculus, statistics, and mathematics) and a minimum of 6 credit hours of quantitative courses that include either statistics or calculus
No prior work experience or prerequisite courses are required.
International54854 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54854 USD per year during 12 months.
National54854 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 54854 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State32374 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32374 USD per year during 12 months.
Part-time: LOCAL: $1,579 per credit NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL: $2,676 per credit
Living costs for Pittsburgh
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.