As part of this course you will also undertake considerable practical work experience which is a unique opportunity designed to expand your knowledge and network base, while simultaneously strengthening your ability to meet the intricate demands of the information and telecommunications industries.
Towards the end of the course you will also get the chance to undertake a major research project, allowing you to create and implement high-quality information systems for use in a real-life practical situation.
This course has been specifically designed to help you graduate with advanced knowledge and skills to confidently and competently assume a senior position within your specialisation – regardless of whether you have chosen a network or software engineering pathway.
Study a Master of Engineering at University of Canberra and you will:
- gain an advanced understanding of the specialisation (either network engineering or software engineering) including the principles to design, develop, operate and evaluate systems
- demonstrate a conceptual and comprehensive understanding of mathematics, electronics and signal processing
- design, implement and evaluate software engineering/network engineering projects which address contemporary and complex issues
- distinguish which engineering principles are appropriate to use in the solution of complex technological (software/networking) problems
- creatively apply relevant theories and techniques of data communication networks or software engineering to the interpretation, analysis and solution of technological problems
- build stronger industry networks
- graduate with a globally recognised and respected degree
The UC Master of Engineering is an advanced degree that is both globally recognised and industry respected. UC’s unique connections within the industry also means that students tend to establish strong, authentic professional relationships long before they actually graduate. This close connection often means that students stand out from the competition and have a higher chance of moving into a career in any one of the following careers:
- Software engineer
- Network engineer
- Software and hardware programmer
- Network and systems administrator
- IT project manager
- Games developer
- Business or systems analyst
Accreditation with Engineering Australia at Professional Engineer level is being pursued.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Inf. Sc. Research Methodology
- Technology and Engineering Management
- Embedded Systems
- Electronics Systems
- Signals and Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Professional Practice in Engineering
- Engineering Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering General Engineering & Technology Software Engineering View 47 other Masters in Software Engineering in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A 4 year Bachelor of Engineering degree or equivalent, or a 3 year bachelor degree accredited by Engineers Australia at Technologist level or equivalent. Or, graduates from the following University of Canberra degrees: Bachelor of Information Technology, 322AA; or Bachelor of Software Engineering, 560AA; or Bachelor of Science, 392AB with Major in Software Engineering or Network Engineering.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National26500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 26500 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.