You'll benefit from the research and teaching strengths of the Faculty of Education and the management acumen of Wellington School of Business and Government. By combining educational and business thinking, you'll gain the tools you need to develop innovative solutions to issues you'll face in the management of a secondary school. The Secondary School Leadership programme is offered at the Victoria University of Wellington .
Learn to use sophisticated data-analysis techniques to make sound, evidence-based decisions about school organisation and management. Examine the role of leadership and how to foster leadership in others. You'll develop techniques for planning and goal-setting and explore the different strategies for building strong relationships with community and stakeholders.
- Designed so you can continue working while you study, the courses are delivered through a mix of block format and online.
- Block courses are held on weekends and during school holidays.
- You'll need a computer with access to the internet as you'll use online conferencing during your study.
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
DisciplinesEducational Leadership View 5 other Masters in Educational Leadership in New Zealand
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A Bachelor's degree with a B average or a postgraduate qualification
- To be in a middle or senior management position in a secondary school
- To be nominated by or have the support of your principal
- To be endorsed by a panel of principals and academic staff of the University as having the intellectual and interpersonal capabilities and potential to excel in a leadership role
The costs for this degree are still being calculated.
Living costs for Wellington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.