This full-time two-year course will extend your research skills by examining a wide range of communication issues and show you how to apply theoretical knowledge and evidence-based practice to the assessment, treatment, and management of these disorders.
This course also offers a unique business development component designed to teach students the necessary business skills to consider a career in private practice.
The UC Master of Speech Pathology course is your chance to become a part of a new breed of researcher-practitioners who are committed to making a difference in others’ lives; irrespective of age, disability, illness, cultural, linguistic or social backgrounds.
Register now and find out for yourself why UC Master of Speech Pathology graduates stand out amongst other Speech Pathology graduates around Australia.
Study a Master of Speech Pathology at University of Canberra and you will:
- attain entry-level speech pathology competencies across a range of practice areas
- deliver culturally and socially appropriate speech pathology services
- communicate and work effectively with diverse partners in health, education and the community
- critique, synthesise and apply evidence from research and consumer perspectives to inform speech pathology practices
- critically evaluate information required for effective service delivery
- develop in-depth research skills and be recognised as a competent researcher-practitioner
- be able to participate, collaborate and contribute to policy development and industry knowledge
- contribute to building stronger research evidence for clinical and life outcomes
- gain a deeper understanding of the social issues of speech pathology and how it relates to a different age, linguistic and cultural demographics.
A Master of Speech Pathology qualification from UC will expose you to a higher level of understanding of speech pathology issues in public, private and voluntary positions in Australia and overseas.
Taking this course will give you the knowledge and credentials to able to lead, work, educate, guide and influence change in policies and procedural activities in the following areas:
- private and public hospitals
- rehabilitation centres
- aged care facilities
- community health clinics
- schools and disability organisations
- private practices.
The Master of Speech Pathology has been given provisional accreditation by Speech Pathology Australia.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Planning
- Research Project in Health
- Epidemiology and Principles of Research
- Foundations of Communication Science
- Principles of Dysphagia
- Clinical Speech Pathology
- Speech and Language Disorders - Paediatrics
- Neurogenic Communication Disorders
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesSpeech Pathology View 9 other Masters in Speech Pathology in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed bachelor degree in any discipline with a credit or higher average
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International42200 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 42200 AUD per year during 24 months.
National29900 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29900 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.