Throughout this coursework-based degree, you’ll focus on social and global innovation, and will develop key skills in service design, interaction design and entrepreneurial practices.
The course structure allows for projects and problems from both the public and private sectors to be used as vehicles of learning and application. You’ll be encouraged to build your degree in a manner which suits your personal career goals and aspirations. With a well-rounded knowledge of design thinking and innovation, you’ll graduate ready to impress in a range of industries.
Study a Master of Design Strategies at University of Canberra and you will:
- interpret and solve complex problems using design thinking techniques and processes
- identify and evaluate concepts and theories dealing with service design, design innovation and entrepreneurialism in design
- develop and review an iterative process of design using models and prototypes to test and evaluate solutions to a wide variety of design problems
- integrate design knowledge and ideas to communicate design solutions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- prepare and present professional design strategies to create solutions to social issues of global importance
- create business plans, pitch ideas, and develop branding and integrated communication plans for design concepts
- apply established theories in practice-led research techniques, formative thinking, and reflective and critical practice to create innovative design solutions.
The Master of Design Strategies gives broad training which aims to create design leaders, entrepreneurs, innovators and thought shapers across a wide range of fields and industries. Some job roles which graduates of the course might undertake include:
- Design strategist
- Design and project manager
- Design consultant
- Design studio manager
- Design researcher
- Content strategist
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research Methods in Built Environment and Design
- Creative Thinking
- Ubiquitous Computing and Internet of Things
- Visualisation and Prototyping
- Service Design
- Strategic Design for New Economies
- Design Led Innovation
- Innovation Toolbox
- Design Incubator
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesDesign Strategic Management Fashion Design View 4 other Masters in Fashion Design in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Applicants must have an undergraduate degree or equivalent as approved by the University Admissions Committee.
- In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors including English proficiency, academic record and/or employment experience.
- Students who have completed the Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma in Design Strategies can articulate into the Masters program.
- Vertical integration with an undergraduate degree is meritorious. Only high achieving students will be considered for inclusion.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International33500 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 33500 AUD per year during 24 months.
National24000 AUD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 24000 AUD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Canberra
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.